Thursday 23 June 2011

Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky 2009

Madds & Anna


To continue with the Parisian theme I thought I would share with you my thoughts on Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky, I was rather excited about this film as I am a fan of Madds Mikkelsen, and Anna Mouglalis has the kind of beauty that has you mesmerised. The film centres on Coco and Igor's affair and how it deeply affects his music and his marriage and how aloof Coco is to everything. The film lacked any real passion and emotion, it just felt stilted and a bit dull to me. However the costumes and set design were rather beautiful. Has anyone else seen it? Did you enjoy it? I think because I loved Coco Before Chanel 2009 I perhaps had high expectations about this and was expecting to discover more about Coco. 


One thing I did notice is how the overtly modern décor represented Katarina's (Igor's wife) entrapment in a loveless marriage and her illness in a body that is letting her down, she tries her best to make Coco's home her own but is ultimately left feeling alone in the cold surroundings. It is similar to film noir in the way that sets and lighting are used to create certain emotions. Concomitantly, it also is a signifier of Coco's cool exterior, it not only reflects her style but the way she conveys her emotions. 


Monochrome décor

Coco & Igor

Katarina, Igor's wife


Anyway, yesterday I decided to pose in my monochrome bathroom and pretend I was Coco, with a faux bob, crazy yes.










3 comments:

  1. I saw this film and thought it was visually stunning, but agree it left me cold somehow (despite gratuitous sex scenes). Your bathroom is AMAZING! Love your Coco inspired look. CHIC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the sex scenes were unnecessary! Thank you, keep wanting to cut my hair hah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute!! I have had this movie on my list for a while, will definitely have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete